Our Application and Leasing Policies
The following policies are used to ensure all prospective tenants are treated equally. Please read these policies carefully. If you meet our guidelines, we encourage you to submit an application. If we receive more than one application on a property, we will process all applications and approve the highest scoring applicant. All applications are scored on credit, income, employment, rental history, criminal background and eviction history.
- Each person 18 years of age or older must complete and sign the BOP application and must be listed on all lease documents.
- For an application to be processed and considered, a $50.00 nonrefundable processing fee is due at the time of application in cash, check or money order. We also accept payments online at blueoliveproperties.com.
- This $50.00 processing fee will only be refunded if your application is not processed.
- Any applications with missing or false information will not be considered.
- If a co-signer is necessary, the cosigner must complete and sign the cosigner addendum. Acceptance of a cosigner is subject to approval or denial by BOP and the property owner.
- BOP will run a credit report for each applicant 18 years of age or older.
- A minimum FICO score of 620 is required. Lower credit scores may be considered but any exception made will require a double security deposit and the remainder of the application must be strong, including a good rental history with no late or bounced rent payments and a strong employment record.
- BOP does not accept credit reports supplied by applicants.
- Discharged bankruptcies may be acceptable, on a case-by-case basis, with owner approval.
- Foreclosures may be acceptable, on a case-by-case basis, with owner approval.
- Resolved medical collections may be acceptable, on a case-by-case basis, with approval.
- To protect your private financial and credit information, BOP does not release copies of credit reports to anybody, including applicants.
- Applicant’s gross monthly income, or multiple applicants’ combined gross monthly income, must total three times the monthly rental amount.
- BOP will verify income from employment letter, military orders, or copies of the applicants’ two most recent pay stubs provided with the application, and by calling the employer directly for verification.
- Self-employed applicants must provide their most recent tax return and two months’ bank statements. Applicant’s name and account number must be shown on the statements.
- Unverifiable income will not be considered.
- A copy of a government issued photo ID must be shown at the time of application, and a copy provided at lease signing in the BOP office.
- BOP does not rent to convicted felons or sex offenders. No exceptions.
- Lease documents must be signed in BOP office within 48 hours of application approval.
- All BOP properties will remain on the market until documents are signed and the full security deposit and any pet fees are paid in cashier’s check, money order, or online.
- Office hours for lease signings are Monday through Friday, between 9:00 A.M. and 3:00 P.M. Weekday evening hours and Saturdays may be possible by appointment only.
- All prorated monthly rent or the complete first month’s rent must be paid before keys will be provided. Tenants must pay any such funds in cashier’s check or money order, payable to Blue Olive Properties. No exceptions.
- Colorado’s anti-discrimination fair housing law prohibits discrimination with regard to renting or purchasing housing based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, familial status, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. BOP strictly adheres to all Colorado and Federal fair housing laws.
Applicants will be required to state that they understand the above policies and procedures, and that they will authorize verification of all information provided by Blue Olive Properties or a third party service. The screening process will include employment/salary verification, rental history, credit check, national eviction check, national public records check (foreclosure, bankruptcy, liens, judgments) and national criminal background check. Application requires a nonrefundable application fee of $50.00, which covers cost of verification. Fee must be paid prior to processing the application.