Thanks for your interest in renting one of our available properties. Here we provide answers to the most frequently asked questions on the application, screening, and leasing process. Further down you will find answers on what to expect during the move-in and move-out stages of your stay with us. And lastly we provide answers to maintenance related questions. If you still have questions after looking through this information, please call our office at 303-683-2526.
Look for properties that might interest you on the Our Rentals page reached from the main navigation bar on our homepage, or via the orange Rental Search button in the photo show section near the top of the homepage. You can also scroll down the homepage to the Featured Properties section to search our vacancies.
Call or text 720-556-0269 or fill out the online contact form to set up an appointment to see any of our available properties. We offer showings for most properties between 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Some rentals in popular locations may be shown in an “open house” format on regularly scheduled days. Saturday appointments are available for most properties on request between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. If you need to cancel an appointment, we would appreciate a call or text as soon as possible to let us know.
Once you’ve decided a property is right for you the next step is to complete an application. Normally we ask that you tour the property prior to completing an application. But we do rent “sight unseen” at times to out of state applicants. We do require such applicants to sign our Sight Unseen addendum. All units are available in as-is condition only unless otherwise agreed in writing. You can apply in several ways:
- You can fill out the online application, which is our preferred method. The online form is available from the orange “Apply Here” bar on the top of the homepage, or on the top right of any individual property listing.
- You can also download and print a blank form, fill it out, and scan-email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 303-993-8700.
- You can complete a paper application form which we can provide at your showing appointment. Complete the form and scan-email to email@example.com or fax to 303-993-8700.
The application fee is $50 per unit for up to 2 adults. Additional adults, if allowed in the property, will require an additional $25 fee per adult. All adults (over 18) intending to reside at the property must be listed on the application as applicants. Minors should be listed on the application as additional residents in the Other Information section, not as applicants. Any co-signers must also complete a full application. A $25 application fee per co-signer is required even if the co-signer will not be residing at the premises.
The best method for paying the application fee is via our website. Click on the orange “Make Payment” rectangle on the top right corner of the homepage, then register (new users) or log-in (existing users). The most cost effective payment method is via e-check, as the payment provider charges a $2.95 convenience fee. This fee will be added automatically by the payment service; do not add the $2.95 to your rent amount. You can use the credit card option to pay, but doing so will incur higher service fees. We do not charge these fees, nor do we collect them. For payment issues or questions call the provider, PayLease, directly at 866-729-5327.
Pets are accepted at certain properties only, based on owner preferences and any HOA restrictions. We accept dogs only. No cats, birds, fish or exotic animals will be accepted. Not all dog breeds are allowed by individual property owners, HOAs and/or city ordinances. Size and number restrictions may also apply. Be sure to ask the leasing agent for specifics, or call the office. Please contact us before submitting an application if you have any questions about your pets. All pet fees are nonrefundable, will vary by property, and cover pet rent only. Pet fees cannot be applied to cover damage caused by pets.
We accept verified service animals as stipulated under Colorado law. There is no pet fee charged for verified service animals.
We will run a background check on all adult applicants including current and prior employment, credit, past rental history, and criminal records. Your application may be declined for any of the reasons shown below:
- Omitting or providing misleading information on your rental application.
- A criminal conviction, especially for a felony or serious misdemeanor.
- Breaking a prior lease or vacating a property without notice, or vacating while owing money for unpaid rent or damages.
- Verifiable monthly household income less than three times the monthly rent.
- Failure to provide verifiable references with full contact information.
- Negative feedback from a prior landlord or reference concerning your payment history, damage to the property beyond normal wear and tear, allowing persons not listed on the lease to reside at the property, reports of any illegal activity, or reports of violence or threats to the landlord or neighbors
- A credit history showing missed or slow debt payments, collections, bankruptcy, foreclosure, short sale, or eviction within the past 36 months.
- Another qualified applicant submits an application at approximately the same time as you. Although multiple applicants may be approvable for a given property, only one can be approved and it may not be the first applicant who submitted an application.
Two years of residential history and one year of job and income history must be verified using official employer paystubs or tax forms (W2 or 1099). Unemployed applicants must provide proof of funds to pay rent (savings).
We may conditionally approve your application contingent upon you providing a co-signer and/or increasing the security deposit at our discretion and with owner approval.
Once notified of approval, you must pay the entire security deposit within 24 hours to hold the property. The first month’s rent may be paid prior to move-in, but only with cashier’s check or money order. The property will not be withdrawn from the open market until the deposit is paid on time and in full, in certified funds. Please note that application fees are non-refundable if we decline your application or we approve your application but you do not provide payment of the security deposit within 24 hours of approval. In some cases of multiple application submissions, we may refund the application fee if the application is not processed.
We require the following items in order to take possession of a property:
- A copy of your driver’s license, state ID, or military ID.
- The first full month’s rent. If you move in after the first of the month the first month’s rent will be prorated.
- The full Pet Fee, if you have pets and they are permitted at the property.
- All initial leasing fees must be paid by money order or certified check only. No personal checks please. You may pay via our website payment system, but the payment needs to be made at least ten days prior to occupying the property to allow for the payment to clear your bank and our payment system.