Welcome to Blue Olive Properties
Thank you for your interest in our property! The rental application is attached. Please read and complete all information sections provided. If you have any questions, contact us immediately by calling our office at 303-683-2526 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
.You will be contacted by the leasing office on the status of your application.
Complete all sections fully. Incomplete information will delay processing. Include full middle names, and city, state, zip in addresses. You will be required to email a copy of a photo ID (driver’s license, state/military ID) for all adult occupants
on the application. Also, please include proof of any rental assistance received. Email completed application and additional documents to email@example.com.
BOP Application and Leasing Criteria
The following criteria are used to approve rental applications and to ensure all prospective tenants are treated equally and fairly. Please read these policies carefully and sign as indicated. If you meet the basic requirements listed, we encourage you to submit your application. Applications are screened as they come in, Monday-Friday between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Weekend applications received may be screened the following Monday.
Portable Tenant Screening Reports (PTSR): 1) Applicant has the right to provide us with a PTSR that is not more than 30 days old, as defined in § 38-12-902(2.5), Colorado Revised Statutes; and 2) if Applicant provides us with a PTSR, we are prohibited from: a) charging Applicant a rental application fee; or b) charging Applicant a fee for us to access or use the PTSR. If
Applicant provides us with a PTSR: a) the PTSR must be available to us by a consumer reporting agency/third-party website that regularly engages in the business of providing consumer reports; b) the PTSR must comply with all state and federal laws
pertaining to use and disclosure of information contained in a consumer report by a consumer reporting agency; and c) Applicant certifies that there has not been a material change in the information in the PTSR, including the Applicant’s name, address,
bankruptcy status, criminal history, or eviction history, since the PTSR was generated.
- Depending on the number of applications received on any given vacancy, screening and approval may take up to 24 hours.
- Credit will not be considered for applicants receiving a housing subsidy as defined by § 38-12-902(1.7), C.R.S.
- BOP will process applications in the order in which they were received.
- BOP will process applications Monday through Friday between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM. Any applications received after 4:00 PM Monday-Friday or on weekends will be processed on the next business day.
- Each person 18 years of age or older must complete and sign a BOP application.
- All applicants must be listed on the lease and must reside in the property.
- The application fee is waived for applicants receiving a housing subsidy.
- Any applications with missing or false information will not be processed.
- No trampolines or hot tubs are allowed on properties managed by BOP.
- Installation of electric car chargers and any specialized electrical work required, may be considered depending on the property and subject to owner approval.
- Any car charger that is technically feasible and approved by the owner will only be installed at tenant expense.
- If a guarantor is necessary to approve an application, such as in the case of students or people with no credit history, the guarantor must complete and sign a separate application and pay the applicable fees.
- Acceptance of a guarantor is subject to approval or denial by BOP and the individual property owner, and the guarantor must meet all the criteria of a guarantor and sign a separate guaranty agreement.
- Guarantor must have net income of six times the rental amount and a credit score above 700 to qualify as a guarantor to the lease.
- A guarantor will not reside in the property. A guarantor guarantees that the rent will always be paid on time and in full and will also guarantee payment for any damages caused by
the tenants over the amount of the security deposit held.
- If rent is not paid, or there is excessive damage upon moveout, the guarantor will be equally liable.
- If rent or damages are not paid, and legal and/or collection efforts are necessary, the guarantor will be subject to such actions in addition to the tenants. Any collection action will negatively affect the credit scores of applicants and guarantors.
Procedures Upon Application Approval
- Once an application is approved, the full security deposit, payable to Blue Olive Properties, is due within 24 hours of application approval to secure the property.
- Payment may be made online ONLY if the lease start date is more than 14 business days from the application approval date.
- If the full security deposit is not paid within 24 hours of application approval, such approval may be rescinded, and no application fee refund will be provided.
- All BOP properties will remain on the market until the full security deposit is paid.
- The security deposit secures the lease. Once the deposit is paid the property is removed from the active market. Please note that the security deposit will be used to offset BOP’s damages if the applicant refuses to sign the lease or move into a
given property for any reason.
- Please note that all BOP lease documents are reviewed by our attorney and are not negotiable. Our lease documents are fair and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. No changes will be made to any lease documents.
- Lease documents will be sent to the emails provided by all approved applicants via DocuSign within three business days of application approval. Lease documents must then be signed within 48 hours of receipt from BOP.
- The first full month’s rent and any prorated rent of 10 days or less, and any pet fees are due on or before the lease start date. All fees and rent must be paid by money order or cashier’s check only if the lease start date
is less than 14 business days from application approval.
- Payment of any rent and/or fees owed may be paid online ONLY if the lease start date is more than 14 business days from the application approval date.
- All prorated monthly rent and/or the complete first month's rent must be paid before keys will be provided. If paid at move-in Tenants must pay any such funds in cashier’s check or money order ONLY, payable to Blue Olive Properties. No exceptions
will be made.
- Applicant's gross monthly income, or multiple applicants' combined net monthly income, must total two times the monthly rental amount. Any rental subsidy received will be counted towards income.
- BOP will verify salary income from employment letter, military orders, or copies of the applicants' two most recent pay stubs provided with the application, and by calling the employer directly for verification. Income received from any housing
agency will be verified.
- Self-employed applicants must provide their most recent tax return and two full months of actual bank statements. Applicant's name, bank name/address, and account number must be shown on the statements. No screen shots or partial, redacted statements
will be accepted. Net business income must be readily discernable. Unverifiable or undocumented business income will not be considered.
Positive Identification of Applicants
- A copy of a valid, government issued photo ID (driver’s license, state/military ID) must be provided to the BOP office at the time of application.
- Positive identification is required for application approval.
- BOP does not rent to convicted felons or sex offenders. No exceptions.
BOP Pet Policiy/Monthly Pet Fee and Pet Deposit
Subsidized Applicant Application
- One small to medium dog only. No large or aggressive breeds. No puppies.
- BOP charges a monthly pet fee, calculated at 1.5% of the rent amount per month with a $35 per month minimum.
- BOP also requires a $300 refundable pet deposit paid at time of approval with the security deposit.
- No cats, birds, fish, rabbits, reptiles, or other exotic animals are permitted.